Application Scientist : Super Resolution Imaging: Oxford: Competitive salary plus benefits
Our client is an innovative and dynamic young company, focused on super resolution imaging, based in the Oxford area. Experiencing a period of significant growth, this is an exciting time to join such an organisation and influence it's direction. A company that actively encourages employees to become involved in many aspects of the business, to gain a fully rounded set of skills. Career progression is unlimited if you show capability and motivation.
As an Application Scientist your primary responsibilities are to support both commercial and technical development. This role is involved in many aspects of the business and is an important lynchpin.There is scope to develop a focus on individual elements of the core responsibilities, such as scientific collaborations or sales required qualifications. You will be based from Oxford.
· Communicating with customers on a technical level
· Operating the instrument at customer demonstrations
· Developing sales opportunities and ultimately closing the sale
· Managing customer relationships both pre-sale and post-sale
· Leading collaborations with academic and commercial partners
· Writing content for application notes, technical notes, scientific articles, website/marketing materials
· Delivering scientific presentations at conferences and customer demonstrations
· Laboratory work to develop sample analysis and labelling protocols
· Product development feedback
· Understanding market and application dynamics through customer interactions
· Customer application support
You will require:
· PhD in relevant biological science (Ideal but not essential)
· Intimate knowledge of single-molecule techniques and super-resolution microscopy ranging from the techniques themselves to sample preparation and data analysis
· Experience of localisation based super-resolution microscopy is highly advantageous.
· Commercial experience would be preferred but not required providing you have the appropriate level of knowledge.
· Candidates who have experience with optics, lasers
Keywords : Applications, Technical Support, Microscopy, Imaging, Fluorescence, Resolution, Biology, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Biophysics.
Delta Consultants - Scientific and Medical Recruitment - Applying the Art of Recruitment Science
Scientific Sales - Medical Sales - Laboratory Sales - Technical Sales - Service Engineers
Delta Consultants Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
- Required Skills
- Microscopy, Imaging, Molecular Biology, Cellular Biology, Applications, Technical Support
- Life Science