Field Application Specialist Sales
£40000 - £50000 per annum
Commercially focused Field Application Specialist (SALES) : Super Resolution Microscopy: OXFORD : Competitive salary, Incentive and benefits package.
Our client is an innovative start up company, focused on super resolution imaging, based in the Oxford area. Experiencing a period of significant growth, this is an exciting time to join such an organisation and influence the direction of growth. Career progression is unlimited.
As Field Applications Specialist, you will focus on the scientific and sales activities; utilising your technical knowledge for on-site demonstrations will form a large part of the job, performing cutting-edge experiments with world-leading researchers, professors and facility managers. You will establish strong working relationships with customers and potential customers, through excellent communication on technical subjects. Subsequent data analysis, presentations and written communication for marketing purposes will be required. Global travel will be a key feature, operating highly sophisticated instruments in research labs internationally.
Your responsibilities will include
· Communicating with customers on a technical level in relation to their experiments and intended purpose of the company products
· Developing sales opportunities, operating the instrument at customer demonstrations and ultimately closing the sale
· Managing customer relationships both pre-sale and post-sale
· Performing experiments with academic and commercial partners
· Writing content for application notes, technical notes, scientific articles, website/marketing materials
· Delivering scientific presentations at conferences and customer demonstrations
· Laboratory work to develop sample analysis and labelling protocols
· Product development feedback - translating customer requirements into software and hardware development priorities
· Understanding market and application dynamics through customer interactions
· Customer application support
· You may focus on individual elements of the core responsibilities, such as scientific experiments or sales.
You will require:
· BSc or Masters in relevant biological field (including, for example, cell biology, molecular biology, biochemistry and/or biophysics)
· Independent research experience such as a Masters project
· Experience of single-molecule techniques ranging from sample preparation to microscopy and data analysis would be advantageous but not required
· Excellent written and oral communication skills are absolutely required
· Python and coding experience would be advantageous but not required
· You must be willing to travel regularly for work, up to 50% travel
· You must demonstrate high level of organisation
Keywords : Applications, Sales, Microscopy, Imaging, Fluorescence, Resolution, Biology, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Biophysics.
Delta Consultants - Scientific and Medical Recruitment - Applying the Art of Recruitment Science
Scientific Sales - Medical Sales - Laboratory Sales - Technical Sales - Service Engineers
Delta Consultants Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
- £40000 - £50000 per annum
- Required Skills
- Sales, Applications, Technical, Microscopy, Oxford
- Life Science