Territory Sales Representative
£40000 - £45000 per annum
Sales Representative: Microplate Instrumentation & Bio-analytical software: Scotland/North East England : up to £45K with £8-15K OTE
A privately held manufacturer notable for microplate instrumentation and bio-analytics software for life science is seeking an experienced sales professional to join their UK team, responsible for Scotland & North-East England (living between Glasgow and Edinburgh), selling microplate instrumentation products within the assigned territory, including identifying and qualifying customers, arranging and performing product demonstrations, attending local exhibitions, working with designated sub- reps and otherwise to promote the company's products.
* Sell into and manage a defined sales territory for designated microplate products.
* Meet or exceed the assigned sales quota for your designated territory.
* Identify customers for the products using supplied leads, local exhibitions, mailings and account management techniques.
* Qualify all potential customers through needs analysis, budget and purchase authority.
* Develop a thorough working knowledge of the products including design, functionality and operation.
* Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of typical product applications.
* Participate in trade shows within and outside the territory as assigned by management.
* Manage the assigned territory including customer and account record keeping, reporting, time management.
* Proactively develop a working relationship with sub-distributor sales representatives in the assigned sales territory.
* Assist sub-distributor sales representatives with the demonstration, installation and on-site product shows within the assigned territory and in other areas where required.
* Maintain daily customer and account record keeping within company CRM database.
You will require:
* Bachelors or Master's Degree in Life Sciences or equivalent. Ph.D. appreciated.
* Proven sales experience in a scientific/laboratory discipline or equivalent work experience in a molecular biology laboratory.
* Computer literate, including Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Word.
* Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
* Outgoing, people oriented personality.
* Ability to travel 60% of the time.
* Reside within assigned territory.
Physical / Other Requirements:
* Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds or more in order to move and set up instruments.
* Possess a valid driver's license.
Key words - Technical Sales, Microplate Readers, High Throughput Screening, Life Science Instruments, Scotland
Delta Consultants - Scientific and Medical Recruitment - Applying the Art of Recruitment Science
Scientific Sales - Medical Sales - Laboratory Sales - Technical Sales - Service Engineers
Delta Consultants Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
- £40000 - £45000 per annum
- Required Skills
- Technical Sales, Microplate Readers, High Throughput Screening, Life Science Instruments, Scotland
- Life Science